November 8, 2010

Egypt!!!

So a Few posts ago I joked about going to Egypt... Well that joke became a reality. I have always wanted to go to Egypt and I can't believe I got the chance and I got to spend 7 days in Egypt! 3 in Cairo, 3 in Sharm el Sheikh and 1 in Alexandria.  Although our plane was delayed so the day in Alexandria really didn't happen... so I have no pictures of the event. Just good memories.  Egypt is an interesting place.  I was so shocked when I visited. When I arrived I noticed something very quickly. All the rich houses are located by the Nile and all the poor go out from their. The city is jam packed with people, very poor people.  The Egyptian Pound is so low...that 100 American dollars = 600 Egyptian pounds. I felt rich in Egypt!
The Tour I got to go on was really amazing! From visiting the pyramids and all the museums, riding camels and Jeaping in the desert to Snorkeling in the beautiful sea! I would have to say my favorite part was Snorkeling by our Hotel.  The place was idealistic and the fish were so amazing!  I also saw an Octopus and it scared me so bad because it was about 1 foot from me! YIKES! But it has only convinced me that I want to live by water one day! :)







Here are links to my pictures of Egypt! :)

Cairo
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251022&id=629461499&l=274bfd5d30

Sharm El Sheikh 
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251059&id=629461499&l=f8ff5aa1e2

2 comments:

Becky said...

I loved all your pictures. You can say you have done many things that none of us have done or may never do. I'm so glad you are having so much fun in Turkey. We can't wait to see you. Love you!!!

Shari Knudsen said...

Chantel I love reading what you tell about. You have such a great way of expressing and telling about your experiences. You are such an awesome daughter.