May 22, 2011

Sister Knudsen

I love the idea of being called Sister Knudsen! I don't know why... but it just makes me smile! Maybe it's the idea that I get to serve my Heavenly Father and take on the name Sister while on the mission.  In my case I take on the name Hermana Knudsen! It just sounds great!  I am so excited!  On April 13, 2011 I drove home from school to find one of the most amazing packages in the mail!  It read to Sister Chantel Marie Knudsen from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... this could only mean one thing...  The answer to where I was going to be for the next 18 months was finally in my hands!  It took about every bit of restraint I could maintain to keep from opening it until I would meet with my family that evening.  Driving there with the letter in my lap was probably the most painful part of the whole event!

WHERE WAS I GOING?????????????????????

Well... I knew one answer to that question.  I was going to go where the Lord wanted me to serve.  With that in mind... it really doesn't matter where I got my call to.

Finally the moment came when I met up with my family and would get to open my call.  Surrounded by the people I love I opened one of the most life changing letters.  I read aloud the first page of my call. Instantly the spirit overwhelmed me... I didn't even know where I was going and I was tearing up.  Finally, I read aloud- you are called to serve in Guatemala, Guatemala City Central Mission!  I never even considered going to Guatemala but I couldn't have been happier to go.  I think about it now...and even though I didn't know it... Guatemala is really where I wanted to go all along!  Amazing how the Lord knows me so well.  I am just barely beginning to understand how well he does.

One of my friends told me one day.... You will find that you are made for your mission and your mission was made for you.  I hope that what he told me is true!  I feel like I am suppose to go there which is the most amazing feelings in the world! REALLY, Couldn't be happier!

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go to the temple and get my endowments out!  It was one of the most unforgettable days of my life.  The Temple is an amazing place-I really understand very little of it right now...but I look forward to the opportunity I have to go back multiple times and learn more.  There are many things I have to think about there!

Well right now I am preparing for my mission! I have about 15 weeks left!:)  Guatemala here I come! I hope the people are ready for me! :)

Before we went to the temple we tried to get some pictures to put on my mission plaque... I think we are going to have to go again...I don't think any of the pics we got I am very fond of....but here are a few of them.

I am really excited about one thing especially for my mission- There is a temple in Guatemala City where I am going!!! Its Beautiful in the pictures!!!







1 comment:

Kendra said...

Aw I love these pictures! Can't believe you're leaving!